Introduction to Java and Eclipse IDE
At the end of this level the reader will be able to:
- Explain the global process of solution to a problem using a computer program. This includes the steps that must be followed to solve it and the different elements that should be produced while the solution is build.
- Analyze a simple problem to be solved using a computer program, building a model with the elements involved in the problem and specifying the services the program must offer.
- Explain the structure of a computer program and the role played by each of the elements that compose it.
- Complete a partial solution to a problem (an incomplete program written in Java language), using simple expressions, method assignments and invocations. This implies understanding the concept of parameter and object creation.
- Use a software development environment and a predefined workspace, to complete a partial solution to a problem.
So let's get started...
Download and Install The Java Development Kit (JDK)
Download and Install The Eclipse IDE
We also need an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) which will help you make the coding experience much more better. I highly recommend Eclipse IDE for Java Developers because it's very intuitive and will help you have a faster learning curve.